The Johanna Parrish case reopened based on a new track
The Paris Court of Appeal overturned, Tuesday, June 5, the order of dismissal on the serial killer Michel Fourniret Joanna Parrish in the case and asked the judges to rehear the case on the basis of new tracks , Has it learned from the family lawyer. "The appellate court has asked judges to rehear in all directions, including the Fourniret track and also a new track that has been discovered," said Didier Seban, which defends the Parrish family. "This track concerns a man in extensive criminal history and was denounced," continued the lawyer without elaborating.
Joanna Parrish, a British 20-year-old was found raped and strangled May 17, 1990 in Yonne. In March 2008, Fourniret had been indicted in the case of kidnapping and murder after being denounced twice by his wife, Monique Olivier, which was subsequently retracted. Fourniret has always denied his involvement in the case, including during his trial before the Assize Court of the Bulge, where he was convicted on 28 May 2008 to life without parole for seven murders. Monique Olivier was sentenced to life imprisonment, subject to a minimum sentence of twenty-eight years for complicity in five murders.
Initially educated in Charleville-Mézières in the Ardennes, the Parrish case was disoriented in Paris in September 2008, before the judges in the file are an order of dismissal on August 24, 2011. "Joanna's parents, who often had the feeling of being abandoned by the French courts have taken hope that finally lead the investigation," said Mr. Seban. He says investigators have DNA elements that could lead to further checks.